What personal data we collect and why
Enquiry / Contact Forms
Information submitted through contact forms on our site are sent to our company email, hosted by Namecheap. Namecheap adheres to the EU GDPR requirements and you can find more information about this here.
While we keep these submissions for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behavior on the site.
- WordPress logged-in cookies – these are used by WordPress to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication and user verification.
- WooCommerce cookies – these are used by the WooCommerce plugin to track visitors and their purchased items in the cart.
- WP Super Cache cookies – these are used by the WP Super Cache plugin to monitor referrer and user identification for caching purposes.
- AutomateWoo – these are used by guest checkouts when an email address is entered into the checkout field, used for sending promotional and reminder emails.
- Google Adwords cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behaviour when clicking on a Google search advertisement.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
In addition to Google Analytics, we are using the following statistics on our site for performance and monitoring:
- Installer statistics – statistics regarding the number of plugin installations of our products in clients, also includes the site info like PHP version, WordPress version used, etc.
- WooCommerce statistics – statistics regarding our sales, conversion rates, refunds, etc.
- Sites statistics – statistics regarding our clients sites installation.
Data collected by the GPL Kit plugin
When you install the GPL Kit plugin no data is collected and stored by GPL Kit. If the GPL Kit plugin is activated with a valid license key and email the GPL Kit plugin will capture what websites are activated and deactivated as per the 25 site license activation limit.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like cloud-based services and payment processors. This is done as a way to provide you with a better overall service and user experience.
Here are the services we use to make our own service better for you:
- MailChimp – we store our client contact details for newsletters, announcements, and usability testing invite purposes. They can opt-out of these at any time.
- PayPal – we use Paypal as one of our payment processor. During checkout, a client will provide login information and credit card info. This information is processed directly within this gateway payment and we do not save it on our sites.
- Stripe – we use Stripe as one of our payment processor. During checkout, a client will provide credit card info. These are all stored in the Stripe site.
Who can see my personal information
If you are not a registered client in our site, there is no personal information we have or can see about you.
If you are a customer with an account, your personal information can only be accessed by our System administrators.
How long we retain your data
When you submit a support ticket its metadata is retained until (if) you tell us to remove it.
If you register on our website, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are using SSL/HTTPS throughout our site. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
- Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to development or testing environment.
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being currently our customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address).
For these requests, please email us at email@example.com.